CNN.com extended its winning streak to a third month in July and cemented its position as the number one digital destination for news video. With 194 million video streams, 19 million unique viewers and 1.3 billion minutes of video consumed for the month, CNN easily secured wins across the board and beat out Yahoo News, Buzzfeed and all competitors in the news and information category.
CNN understands what it takes to win in the digital space. Let CNN help you fill your platforms with powerful, trusted news content. The CNN Wire is the backbone of CNN.com, providing text, photos and graphics for the most-consumed news and information website in the U.S., with nearly 1 billion page views to date.
The CNN Video Affiliate Network provides quality, curated video content from CNN and our 900+ trusted local news partners, with the ability to earn advertising revenue. Even better, combine the Wire and VAN to create the most compelling digital experience for your audience.
*Read CISCO Visual Network Index report here
VIDEO AFFILIATE NETWORK
BRING PREMIUM REACH & AD REVENUES FOR YOUR CONTENT
The CNN Video Affiliate Network is a powerful digital video syndication network focused exclusively on quality news and lifestyle video from CNN and trusted providers. Our network combines the scale of CNN, along with our unparalleled footprint of 900+ affiliates, to bring our partners premium reach and advertising revenue for their content.
The VAN is available exclusively for CNN Newsource clients and select distribution partners. VAN affiliates can generate revenue as both owners and publishers of digital video content. CNN provides the pre-curated, topical and trending videos along with the advertising, technology and publishing infrastructure to make it easy to participate.
Monetize more of your video assets through our premium content network, earning money as both a content owner and publisher, while filling your digital platforms with compelling content.
Complement your existing digital offering with powerful, trusted video curated by CNN. VAN videos span multiple categories such as news, entertainment and lifestyle, with the best selections highlighted for easy publishing.
Our player leads the industry, with responsive design, high-definition video, recommendations, social integration, video galleries and more.
VAN is exclusively available to CNN Newsource affiliates and select distribution partners. Content is always protected within a premium environment.
Easy to use
The VAN dashboard is intuitive and easy to use. Discover great content across multiple categories and quickly embed videos into existing articles or publish automated feeds on your section fronts.
The Video Affiliate Network is growing quickly, and as new affiliates join and more video is published, the power of the VAN increases even more. The video available in the VAN comes from our large footprint of news affiliates, in addition to CNN video and select content partners. VAN allows you to customize the video experience for your site to meet your specific needs.
Here are some examples from current VAN affiliates:
Pair Wire content with CNN’s Video Affiliate Network for a full digital publishing solution.
NOT YOUR GRANDPA’S WIRE
With the CNN Wire, you can afford the same newsgathering platform that powers CNN.com, the #1 TV and mobile news site and the most-followed news brand on social media.
At CNN, we understand what you need to build a differentiated local news presence — across broadcast, print, digital and social. We deliver unparalleled perspectives across multiple categories attractive to advertisers, including political, medical, financial, technology, entertainment and more. All this, while never slowing down on the breaking, national and international news content you expect from CNN.
With the CNN Wire, you’ll get access to:
A full suite of content to use across your broadcast, print and digital properties, including image selections from more than 220,000 photos by award-winning photojournalists.
A commentary section with thought-provoking content by CNN, guest writers, experts and a select group of strategic partners, giving your news the edge it needs.
Breaking news blogs give you the latest developments on critical stories your audience is following.
Spanish-language content from CNNMexico.com and the newsgathering resources of CNN en Espanol.
Exclusive, breaking news and comprehensive coverage across the verticals your audience reads, such as finance, medicine, entertainment, technology, religion, opinion and travel.
RECENT WIRE STORIES
- DOJ to Mueller: Don’t make newsThe Justice Department sent a letter to former special counsel Robert Mueller warning him not to make news when he appears before the House Intelligence and Judiciary Committees this week. It instructed him to keep his testimony "within the boundaries of your public report, because matters within the scope of
- Krispy Kreme is redesigning its stores for the first time in a decade and making its menu even more sugarySugar might be falling out favor, but it's the centerpiece of a makeover of Krispy Kreme that includes a new menu and its first store redesign in a decade. The doughnut company, founded 82 years ago, debuted a new location Tuesday in North Carolina that showcases Krispy Kreme's new, extra-sweet
- What the 2020 election is really all aboutIf after four years, the American system re-elects a president who openly scoffs at democracy, who encourages political violence and election interference, who revels in corruption and ignorance, then something is deeply wrong with either our system or ourselves. Following a week of racist statements by the President and racist
- Robert Mueller will frustrate the hell out of CongressWe are about to witness something extraordinary. In this period of unprecedented national political polarization, former special counsel Robert Mueller will soon do something no American statesman or elected official has been able to accomplish in modern times: unite the nation. Of course, rather than uniting America around a central
- Could the pound crash to $1? A ‘Boris Brexit’ might make it happenCould the value of the pound drop to just one US dollar? With Boris Johnson set to succeed Theresa May as British prime minister on Wednesday, it's a question investors are beginning to ask as the risks of a chaotic Brexit rise. Johnson has said the United Kingdom must leave
- Boris Johnson es el nuevo líder del Partido Conservador y será el próximo primer ministro británico(CNN) — Boris Johnson fue elegido como nuevo líder del Partido Conservador, con lo que se encamina a ser el nuevo primer ministro británico, en sustitución de Theresa May. LEE: El nuevo primer ministro británico tendrá solo 30 días para concretar el brexit El anuncio se hizo este martes en
- Bella Thorne says she’s actually pansexual, not bisexualBella Thorne revealed via Twitter years ago that she was bisexual, but now the former Disney star has further defined her sexuality. In an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" to promote her new book, "Life of a Wannabe Mogul: Mental Disarray," Thorne talked about no longer identifying as bisexual.
- Climate crisis might be behind the rise of mysterious superbug C. auris, study suggestsThe climate crisis may be to blame for the mysterious spread of a multidrug-resistant superbug, Candida auris, according to a study published Tuesday. Until recently, scientists considered it a mystery how C. auris popped up in more than 30 countries around the globe a decade after it was first discovered
- Texas Democrat Wendy Davis running for US CongressTexas Democrat Wendy Davis, who gained national attention for filibustering a state abortion bill, is running for Congress. Davis announced her bid Monday for the Texas congressional seat currently held by Republican Rep. Chip Roy. "I'm running for Congress because people's voices are still being silenced," Davis says in a
- 12 horses have died at New York state racetracks in JulyTwelve horses have died at New York state racetracks in the month of July, the New York database on Equine Deaths shows. Eleven of those deaths occurred within 10 days -- from July 8 to July 18. Five horses died at the Saratoga Racecourse, four at the Finger Lakes Racetrack,
- Cannabis ETFs are like ‘investing in alcohol post-Prohibition’Cannabis stocks have been red hot on Wall Street for the past year or so — and for investors who want to take part in the action without trying to pick an individual company, there are now multiple funds that focus on the rapidly growing sector. But are there too
- The father of slain Colorado pregnant mom Shanann Watts says his family has been harassed nonstopThe father of Shanann Watts, who was killed along with her two daughters by her husband is pleading with online bullies to stop the harassment his family has endured in the past year. "Our family, including Shanann and her children and our grandchildren, have been ridiculed, demeaned, slandered, mocked in
- Report: Huawei built North Korea’s cell phone networksHuawei secretly helped build North Korea's cell phone network, potentially in violation of sanctions aimed at pressuring the regime to stop developing nuclear weapons, according to a report by The Washington Post. Citing documents leaked by a former employee and people familiar with the arrangement, the Post reported on Monday
- Inmigración iba por un hombre de Tennessee; sus vecinos impidieron que fuera detenido(CNN) — Cuando funcionarios de Inmigración y Control de Aduanas de EE. UU. intentaron detener a un hombre de Tennessee el lunes por la mañana, sus vecinos se acercaron al lugar para impedírselo, según informaron las afiliadas de CNN, WTVF y WZTV. Un vehículo de ICE había seguido la camioneta
- Senate expected to pass 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund extensionThe Senate is expected to pass a bill Tuesday to fund the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund through 2090, permanently compensating individuals who were injured during the 2001 terrorist attacks and its aftermath rescuing people and removing debris under hazardous conditions. The House passed the bill earlier this month and President
- 5 cosas que debes saber este 23 de julio: 6 meses de Guaidó, Puerto Rico, la migración de México a EE.UU. y Natalie Portman como ThorNatalie Portman será Thor, Scarlett Johansson vuelve como Black Widow y todo lo que viene en el universo Marvel. Tenemos el minuto a minuto de la situación en Puerto Rico y el video de un escalofriante encuentro de unos pescadores con un tiburón blanco. Esto es lo que necesitas saber
- Chinese carmakers now own 15% of Germany’s DaimlerDaimler and China's BAIC are the latest carmakers to take their relationship to the next level. The German owner of Mercedes-Benz confirmed Tuesday that its Chinese partner, BAIC, has acquired 5% of its shares. Daimler already owns 9.6% of the listed subsidiary BAIC Motor. "This step reinforces our successful partnership
- Lawyers for a man who sent pipe bombs to prominent Democrats and media outlets ask for leniencyLawyers for Cesar Sayoc, who pleaded guilty to sending pipe bombs to CNN and prominent Democrats, filed a request Monday for leniency when their client is sentenced in September. Sayoc's targets included former Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, Sens. Cory Booker and Kamala Harris, and major Democratic donors like
- Earnings bonanza; Intel and Apple; New UK prime minister1. Earnings bonanza: Welcome to the thick of earnings season. A slew of companies report results Tuesday for the three months ending in June. Before US markets open, investors will get a look at Coca-Cola, Harley-Davidson, Hasbro, JetBlue, Kimberly-Clark, Lockheed Martin and Stanley Black & Decker. They'll be followed after
- Tom Brady es criticado por saltar desde un acantilado con su hija de 6 años(CNN) — La superestrella de la NFL, Tom Brady, compartió un video lanzándose de un acantilado junto con su hija pequeña. MIRA: ¿Es Tom Brady el mejor jugador de la NFL de todos los tiempos? El video, publicado este viernes en las páginas de Facebook e Instagram del mariscal de campo
- Kamala Harris and Jerry Nadler team up on proposal to decriminalize marijuana, expunge convictionsSen. Kamala Harris will introduce legislation Tuesday that decriminalizes marijuana on the federal level, marking her boldest legislative step on the issue. The Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act would remove marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act, enabling states to set their own policies. The bill calls for the resentencing
- Comer una dieta basada en plantas podría ayudar a prevenir la diabetes tipo 2, dice estudio(CNN) — Apegarse a una dieta basada en plantas podría ayudar a reducir el riesgo de diabetes tipo 2, sugiere un nuevo estudio. MIRA: Los pacientes negros y latinos son mucho más propensos que los blancos a sufrir amputaciones relacionadas con la diabetes Esa relación entre los hábitos alimenticios a base
- How Trump’s ‘go back’ language could echo beyond politicsThere is a widespread consensus among the leaders of major American institutions that anyone in their workplaces who told someone else to go back where they came from would face serious consequences. But virtually none of those leaders -- from schools and universities to big global companies to nonprofits and
- Una pareja asesinada, un cadáver misterioso y dos adolescentes desaparecidos: el caso que tiene en vilo a Canadá(CNN) — La policía canadiense dijo estar abierta a la posibilidad de que el reciente asesinato de una joven pareja en la Columbia Británica esté relacionado con el caso de dos adolescentes canadienses desaparecidos en la misma región. La Real Policía Montada de Canadá dijo la semana pasada que no
- Drug-resistant malaria is spreading across Southeast Asia, study warnsDrug-resistant strains of malaria are spreading across Southeast Asia, raising fears of a "potential global health emergency," two new studies have found. The reports were published Monday in The Lancet, warning that a multi-drug-resistant strain had evolved and was spreading across Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. The new findings come
- Robert Mueller hearings: 10 things to watch for WednesdayFormer special counsel Robert Mueller's testimony Wednesday has the potential to either kickstart an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump -- or put the nail in the coffin of the Democratic efforts to impeach the President. Lawmakers on the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees have been intensely preparing for their
- Despiden a dos policías de Louisiana por sugerir en Facebook que Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez debería recibir un disparoWashington (CNN) — Dos oficiales de policía en Louisiana fueron despedidos el lunes después de que uno escribiera en Facebook que la congresista Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez debería recibir un disparo y que el otro le diera “me gusta” a la publicación. El oficial Charles Rispoli escribió en Facebook la semana pasada
- Gobierno venezolano culpa de apagón en todo el país a ‘ataque electromagnético’(CNN) — Venezuela se enfrentaba anoche a su cuarto apagón a nivel nacional en lo que va del año y el gobierno denunciaba un “ataque electromagnético”. El apagón dejó a casi todo el país sin electricidad, incluida la capital, Caracas, que durante la madrugada de este martes ya había recuperado
- El nuevo primer ministro británico tendrá solo 30 días para concretar el brexitLondres (CNN) — Cuando el nuevo primer ministro de Gran Bretaña reciba el mando de Theresa May este miércoles, inmediatamente se arrepentirá de asumir este trabajo poco envidiable. El nuevo ocupante del número 10 de Downing Street tendrá una sola tarea: lograr lo que May no pudo y concretar la
- US sanctions Chinese company for buying Iranian oilThe United States has slapped sanctions on a Chinese company for importing Iranian crude in violation of US restrictions on Iran's oil industry. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the sanctions on Zhuhai Zhenrong Limited and its chief executive Youmin Li are "part of our maximum pressure campaign" on