CNN.com extended its winning streak to a third month in July and cemented its position as the number one digital destination for news video. With 194 million video streams, 19 million unique viewers and 1.3 billion minutes of video consumed for the month, CNN easily secured wins across the board and beat out Yahoo News, Buzzfeed and all competitors in the news and information category.
CNN understands what it takes to win in the digital space. Let CNN help you fill your platforms with powerful, trusted news content. The CNN Wire is the backbone of CNN.com, providing text, photos and graphics for the most-consumed news and information website in the U.S., with nearly 1 billion page views to date.
The CNN Video Affiliate Network provides quality, curated video content from CNN and our 900+ trusted local news partners, with the ability to earn advertising revenue. Even better, combine the Wire and VAN to create the most compelling digital experience for your audience.
*Read CISCO Visual Network Index report here
VIDEO AFFILIATE NETWORK
BRING PREMIUM REACH & AD REVENUES FOR YOUR CONTENT
The CNN Video Affiliate Network is a powerful digital video syndication network focused exclusively on quality news and lifestyle video from CNN and trusted providers. Our network combines the scale of CNN, along with our unparalleled footprint of 900+ affiliates, to bring our partners premium reach and advertising revenue for their content.
The VAN is available exclusively for CNN Newsource clients and select distribution partners. VAN affiliates can generate revenue as both owners and publishers of digital video content. CNN provides the pre-curated, topical and trending videos along with the advertising, technology and publishing infrastructure to make it easy to participate.
Monetize more of your video assets through our premium content network, earning money as both a content owner and publisher, while filling your digital platforms with compelling content.
Complement your existing digital offering with powerful, trusted video curated by CNN. VAN videos span multiple categories such as news, entertainment and lifestyle, with the best selections highlighted for easy publishing.
Our player leads the industry, with responsive design, high-definition video, recommendations, social integration, video galleries and more.
VAN is exclusively available to CNN Newsource affiliates and select distribution partners. Content is always protected within a premium environment.
Easy to use
The VAN dashboard is intuitive and easy to use. Discover great content across multiple categories and quickly embed videos into existing articles or publish automated feeds on your section fronts.
The Video Affiliate Network is growing quickly, and as new affiliates join and more video is published, the power of the VAN increases even more. The video available in the VAN comes from our large footprint of news affiliates, in addition to CNN video and select content partners. VAN allows you to customize the video experience for your site to meet your specific needs.
Here are some examples from current VAN affiliates:
Pair Wire content with CNN’s Video Affiliate Network for a full digital publishing solution.
NOT YOUR GRANDPA’S WIRE
With the CNN Wire, you can afford the same newsgathering platform that powers CNN.com, the #1 TV and mobile news site and the most-followed news brand on social media.
At CNN, we understand what you need to build a differentiated local news presence — across broadcast, print, digital and social. We deliver unparalleled perspectives across multiple categories attractive to advertisers, including political, medical, financial, technology, entertainment and more. All this, while never slowing down on the breaking, national and international news content you expect from CNN.
With the CNN Wire, you’ll get access to:
A full suite of content to use across your broadcast, print and digital properties, including image selections from more than 220,000 photos by award-winning photojournalists.
A commentary section with thought-provoking content by CNN, guest writers, experts and a select group of strategic partners, giving your news the edge it needs.
Breaking news blogs give you the latest developments on critical stories your audience is following.
Spanish-language content from CNNMexico.com and the newsgathering resources of CNN en Espanol.
Exclusive, breaking news and comprehensive coverage across the verticals your audience reads, such as finance, medicine, entertainment, technology, religion, opinion and travel.
RECENT WIRE STORIES
- Millions more Americans were uninsured in 2017<p>Millions more Americans were uninsured at the end of 2017, the first increase since the Affordable Care Act went into effect.</p><p>The uninsured rate rose 1.3 percentage points to 12.2% last year, according to the Gallup-Sharecare Well-Being Index. That represents an increase of roughly 3.2 million Americans.</p><p>Under Obamacare, the uninsured rate
- Danish police charge 1,000 young people with ‘distribution of child porn’<p>More than 1,000 young people in Denmark have been charged with "distribution of child pornography" after sexual content featuring 15-year-olds was circulated online, Danish National Police said in a statement Monday.</p><p>The police launched an investigation following a tip-off from Facebook about two videos and a "sexually explicit" image that were
- Authorities work against clock to clean up oil spill off China’s coast<p>A massive oil tanker that sank off the coast of China could affect marine life for decades, environmentalists and experts say. </p><p>The Iranian-owned Sanchi fell to the ocean floor Sunday, eight days after it collided with a Hong Kong-registered cargo ship, resulting in a toxic, fiery blaze that claimed the
- Detroit man deported to Mexico after 30 years in US<p>Jorge Garcia, a 39-year-old landscaper and father of two who has lived in the United States for 30 years, said a painful goodbye to his family at the Detroit Metro Airport early Monday morning.</p><p>Garcia was deported, after having lived in the United States since he was a child, when his
- Trump’s first year of diplomacy finds friends and foes<p>President Donald Trump has welcomed dozens of his counterparts to the White House since he entered office a year ago and has visited 13 countries himself, each time deepening ties to the club of world leaders he's now joined.</p><p>The at-times bombastic Trump has also shown a flair for diplomacy, befriending
- Clock ticking as Congress returns to one big spending mess<p>With just four days until a spending deadline, the government could be heading for a shutdown on the one-year anniversary of Donald Trump's presidency.</p><p>It's long been thought that the key to unlocking any spending stalemate in Congress was to get closer to an immigration compromise. However, as lawmakers return from
- Arrestan a pareja que habría mantenido a 13 personas en cautiverio, según la Policía<p>(CNN Español) – Una pareja fue detenida después de que la Policía descubriera que 13 personas permanecieron en cautiverio en su casa de California en condiciones muy sucias, algunas atadas a camas con cadenas y candados, según informaron las autoridades este lunes.</p><p>Las víctimas tenían entre 2 y 29 años, dijo
- 13 siblings held captive in filthy California home, police say<p>A couple was arrested after police discovered that their 13 children had been held captive in their California home in filthy conditions, some shackled to beds with chains and padlocks, officials said Monday. </p><p>The victims ranged in age from 2 to 29, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department said in a
- Simone Biles dice 'yo también': revela que fue abusada por el exmédico del equipo de gimnasia de EE.UU.<p>(CNN) - En la víspera de la condena del exdoctor del equipo de gimnasia de los Estados Unidos, Larry Nassar, por abusar sexualmente de las chicas bajo su cuidado, la gimnasta estadounidense Simone Biles también se ha pronunciado para decir yo también.</p><p>"Yo también soy una de las muchas sobrevivientes que
- Amid criticism over Aziz Ansari piece, Babe editor stands by story<p>Amid all the debate over an anonymous woman's account of a sexual encounter with Aziz Ansari, the editors at Babe.net who published the story have remained quiet.</p><p>The site was not well known before the Ansari story -- but it is getting a lot of attention now, much of it critical
- Holding in a sneeze can be a literal pain in the neck<p>If you are about to sneeze -- even if you are in a quiet place -- doctors would advise you to let it rip. A 34-year-old unnamed man in Britain learned that lesson the hard way and had to spend two weeks in the hospital due to his resulting injury.
- MLK’s life and legacy honored with series of events throughout Phoenix areaValley residents will be celebrating the life and legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. with a series of events.throughout the Phoenix area Monday. The City of Phoenix along with city leaders, schools, businesses, churches and community organizations will pay homage to Dr. King starting with a march in downtown Phoenix.
- Virginia Beach teen selected to be part of exclusive Disney Dreamers AcademyA 15-year-old Virginia Beach student was selected to be part of the Disney Dreamers Academy with Steve Harvey and ESSENCE Magazine. Marquis Thomas, along with four other students, was surprised with the announcement on Good Morning America. Thomas will be one of 100 young people from across the U.S. to
- Democrats, don’t let Trump’s bad words kill DACA deal<p>Shithole. Shithouse. WTF does it matter?</p><p>That's all I can really come up with watching people try to deny or redeem President Trump's reported comments, made in a bipartisan meeting in the Oval Office regarding a deal on immigration reform. Typically, you call the fire department when you see smoke, not
- Aziz Ansari responds to sexual misconduct allegation: ‘I was surprised and concerned’<p>"Master of None" star Aziz Ansari has responded to an allegation of sexual assault by a woman he went out on a date with in the fall.</p><p>"In September of last year, I met a woman at a party. We exchanged numbers. We texted back and forth and eventually went on
- Cranberries singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at age 46<p>Dolores O'Riordan, the lead singer of the Irish band The Cranberries, died in London on Monday, according to a statement from her publicist. </p><p>O'Riordan, who was 46, died "suddenly" according to the statement, but no details were given on the cause of her death.</p><p>The singer was in London for a
- Dear President Trump: Churchill would have been a climate leader<p>There could be no starker illustration of the profound differences that exist between Washington and London -- despite alignment on many other issues -- than comments this week by our two leaders on climate change and the environment.</p><p>For President Trump, the Paris Agreement is a bad deal that will close
- CDC postpones session on nuclear disaster response<p>The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has postponed a planned session on preparing for a nuclear disaster.</p><p>The session was to take place Tuesday at the CDC headquarters in Atlanta and was supposed to stream live to anyone wishing to watch. </p><p>Officials conducting the session on the public health
- 10 reasons to visit Abruzzo, Italy’s new hot destination<p>Central Italy's Abruzzo has always attracted visitors thanks to its enviable snow season, but up until recently the majority were European. </p><p>Now the region, a world away from modern Italy, could be on the verge of an international tourism boom. </p><p>With incoming travel numbers on the rise in the country,
- URGENT – Trump: ‘I am not a racist’<p>(CNN) -- President Donald Trump defended himself Sunday night after several days of controversy over his remarks about African countries, telling reporters, "I am not a racist." In remarks to reporters at a dinner photo opportunity with House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy in West Palm Beach, Florida, Trump said when
- URGENT – Trump on Hawaii false missile alert: ‘They made a mistake’<p>(CNN) -- President Donald Trump made his first comments about the false ballistic missile alert sent out by Hawaiian authorities, more than a day after the mistaken alert sent residents into a panic. "They made a mistake," he said Sunday, commending authorities for taking responsibility for what happened, which was
- Deadly earthquake shakes Peru<p>(CNN) -- Two people were killed when a 7.1-magnitude earthquake shook Peru on Sunday, according to a regional governor. One of the two victims was a 55-year-old man crushed by a rock in Yauca, tweeted Yamila Osorio, governor of the Arequipa region in southern Peru. The other victim died in
- URGENT – China oil tanker Sanchi sinks<p>(CNN) -- An oil tanker burning in the East China Sea has capsized after an explosion, according to Chinese state media. The Panama-registered Sanchi tanker sank Sunday afternoon local time after an explosion two hours prior rocked the ship and sent flames shooting up to 1,000 meters high, CCTV reported.
- Switzerland bans boiling lobsters alive<p>Lobsters are a delicious delicacy loved by coastal dwellers across the world -- but is boiling them alive inhumane?</p><p>In a new law, the Swiss government has banned the common culinary practice of throwing the crustaceans into boiling water while they are still conscious.</p><p>The move is a response to studies that
- URGENT – Trump denies making ‘shithole countries’ comment<p>(CNN) -- President Donald Trump on Friday denied describing certain nations as "shithole countries" during a meeting in which he rejected a bipartisan deal on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. "The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used.
- URGENT – House passes FISA reauthorization<p>(CNN) -- The House of Representatives passed legislation reauthorizing the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which is a key tool of the US intelligence community, despite President Donald Trump's tweeted criticism of the government's surveillance program. It now goes to the Senate for consideration. House Republican leaders and top administration officials
- URGENT – Issa to retire, handing Democrats another big pick-up opportunity in California<p>(CNN) -- California Republican Rep. Darrell Issa will retire at the end of his term, he announced Wednesday. Issa, one of the wealthiest members of Congress and among the best-known due to his reputation as a conservative attack dog, is bowing out of what would have been one of the
- URGENT – Death toll in California mudslides rises to 15<p>(CNN) -- At least 15 people have died in the mudslides in Santa Barbara County, California, according to Yaneris Muniz, a spokeswoman for the Joint Information Center in Santa Barbara.</p>
- URGENT – US must act now to ward off more Russian election meddling, report says<p>(CNN) -- The US will not be prepared to defend against possible Russian meddling in the 2018 midterm elections or the 2020 presidential contest unless it takes action now, according to a new report detailing the extent to which Moscow has tried to shape elections across Europe. The report details
- URGENT – House conservatives prep own DACA bill<p>(CNN) -- A group of House conservatives are set to introduce their own proposal on immigration this week -- a move that could seek to pull ongoing bipartisan negotiations to the right. Reps. Bob Goodlatte and Raul Labrador said the bill was expected Wednesday -- with Goodlatte telling President Donald