CNN.com extended its winning streak to a third month in July and cemented its position as the number one digital destination for news video. With 194 million video streams, 19 million unique viewers and 1.3 billion minutes of video consumed for the month, CNN easily secured wins across the board and beat out Yahoo News, Buzzfeed and all competitors in the news and information category.
CNN understands what it takes to win in the digital space. Let CNN help you fill your platforms with powerful, trusted news content. The CNN Wire is the backbone of CNN.com, providing text, photos and graphics for the most-consumed news and information website in the U.S., with nearly 1 billion page views to date.
The CNN Video Affiliate Network provides quality, curated video content from CNN and our 900+ trusted local news partners, with the ability to earn advertising revenue. Even better, combine the Wire and VAN to create the most compelling digital experience for your audience.
*Read CISCO Visual Network Index report here
VIDEO AFFILIATE NETWORK
BRING PREMIUM REACH & AD REVENUES FOR YOUR CONTENT
The CNN Video Affiliate Network is a powerful digital video syndication network focused exclusively on quality news and lifestyle video from CNN and trusted providers. Our network combines the scale of CNN, along with our unparalleled footprint of 900+ affiliates, to bring our partners premium reach and advertising revenue for their content.
The VAN is available exclusively for CNN Newsource clients and select distribution partners. VAN affiliates can generate revenue as both owners and publishers of digital video content. CNN provides the pre-curated, topical and trending videos along with the advertising, technology and publishing infrastructure to make it easy to participate.
Monetize more of your video assets through our premium content network, earning money as both a content owner and publisher, while filling your digital platforms with compelling content.
Complement your existing digital offering with powerful, trusted video curated by CNN. VAN videos span multiple categories such as news, entertainment and lifestyle, with the best selections highlighted for easy publishing.
Our player leads the industry, with responsive design, high-definition video, recommendations, social integration, video galleries and more.
VAN is exclusively available to CNN Newsource affiliates and select distribution partners. Content is always protected within a premium environment.
Easy to use
The VAN dashboard is intuitive and easy to use. Discover great content across multiple categories and quickly embed videos into existing articles or publish automated feeds on your section fronts.
The Video Affiliate Network is growing quickly, and as new affiliates join and more video is published, the power of the VAN increases even more. The video available in the VAN comes from our large footprint of news affiliates, in addition to CNN video and select content partners. VAN allows you to customize the video experience for your site to meet your specific needs.
Here are some examples from current VAN affiliates:
Pair Wire content with CNN’s Video Affiliate Network for a full digital publishing solution.
NOT YOUR GRANDPA’S WIRE
With the CNN Wire, you can afford the same newsgathering platform that powers CNN.com, the #1 TV and mobile news site and the most-followed news brand on social media.
At CNN, we understand what you need to build a differentiated local news presence — across broadcast, print, digital and social. We deliver unparalleled perspectives across multiple categories attractive to advertisers, including political, medical, financial, technology, entertainment and more. All this, while never slowing down on the breaking, national and international news content you expect from CNN.
With the CNN Wire, you’ll get access to:
A full suite of content to use across your broadcast, print and digital properties, including image selections from more than 220,000 photos by award-winning photojournalists.
A commentary section with thought-provoking content by CNN, guest writers, experts and a select group of strategic partners, giving your news the edge it needs.
Breaking news blogs give you the latest developments on critical stories your audience is following.
Spanish-language content from CNNMexico.com and the newsgathering resources of CNN en Espanol.
Exclusive, breaking news and comprehensive coverage across the verticals your audience reads, such as finance, medicine, entertainment, technology, religion, opinion and travel.
RECENT WIRE STORIES
- ‘Umbrella’ protesters face charges one day after new Hong Kong leader selected<p>Several leaders of Hong Kong's 2014 pro-democracy street protests say they are facing police charges more than 27 months after the "Umbrella Movement" ended.</p><p>The protesters told CNN they were told to report to a police station Monday, one day after Carrie Lam was selected by a Beijing-dominated election committee to
- Mosul: 112 civilian bodies pulled from site of coalition airstrike<p>Over the past three days, 112 bodies have been pulled from the site of a March 17 coalition airstrike in Mosul, senior Iraqi health official Ahmed Dubardani said.</p><p>The bodies have been buried in western Mosul's al-Mamoun cemetery, he said. </p><p>The airstrike, by the US-led coalition on an ISIS truck laden
- As more Americans fail drug tests, employers turn to refugees<p>Inside a factory near this lakeside city, a man holding a blowtorch is putting the finishing touches on a plastic rain barrel that will soon make its way to a home and garden section somewhere in America. </p><p>He is Talib Alzamel, a 45-year-old Syrian refugee who arrived here last summer
- U.K. government wants access to WhatsApp messages<p>The U.K. government is pushing for backdoor access to encrypted messaging apps after it emerged the killer in last week's attack in London used WhatsApp just minutes before striking. </p><p>Home Secretary Amber Rudd said WhatsApp -- owned by Facebook -- and other services cannot provide "a secret place for terrorists
- Recuperan 112 cuerpos del lugar del bombardeo en Mosul<p>(CNN) - Al menos 112 cuerpos fueron recuperados del lugar del bombardeo en Mosul el 17 de marzo, dijo Ahmed Dubardani, funcionario de salud iraquí.</p><p>Los cuerpos fueron enterrados en la parte occidental de Mosul, según Dubardani.</p><p>Según un oficial del ejército iraquí, el ataque aéreo fue llevado a cabo por la
- Polémica en Ecuador por la cancelación de debate presidencial<p>(CNN Español) - A una semana de la vuelta electoral en Ecuador entre el oficialista Lenín Moreno y el opositor Guillermo Lasso, los ecuatorianos se preguntan por qué se canceló el primer y único debate programado para este domingo.</p><p>A última hora del sábado el foro presidencial fue cancelado y ambos
- Bible and rocks thrown through doors of Colorado mosque<p>Colorado police are investigating vandalism at a mosque after a person was seen on surveillance video throwing rocks and a Bible through the building's glass doors and prayer area on Sunday.</p><p>"The responding officer confirmed there was damage to the building and it had been vandalized around 4 a.m.MT (6 a.m.ET),"
- Former HUD secretary: You can’t just dump ideology into policymaking<p>President Donald Trump's travel ban was a bad idea that reflected his administration's flawed approach to policymaking, says a former Obama Cabinet secretary.</p><p>"You cannot just take an ideology and then dump that into policy implementation. You have to be able to operationalize policy," Julián Castro, the former Secretary of Housing
- Russia investigations face critical week in Congress<p>Lawmakers investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 US elections head into a critical week with the prospect that the House investigation could struggle to stay away from drama and a continued push by President Donald Trump's supporters to shift the focus from Russia to leaks in the intelligence community.</p><p>House investigators
- Stocks catch a cold; Bank of America tumbles; Oil slips again<p>1. Stocks catch a cold: Global investors are in a bad mood right now after President Trump failed his first big legislative test as Republicans ditched their Obamacare repeal bill on Friday.</p><p>Analysts say investors are selling as they worry this indicates Trump may fall short on his other big policy
- Study shows no long-term cognitive benefit to breastfeeding<p>While the medical benefits of breastfeeding for helping newborns fight infections and helping pre-term infants get stronger are fairly well established, the long-term impact is much less so. </p><p>While new mothers may debate what they believe to be long-term benefits, a new study published in the journal Pediatrics finds that
- One person’s electronics ban is that same person’s needed respite<p>In terms of security, you can debate the effectiveness of the new electronics ban, now enforced on select international flights.</p><p></p><p>But the impact this restriction could have on your mental well-being is less in doubt. In fact, it's probably exactly the kind of peace of mind you need. (At the very
- URGENT – NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four – North Carolina<p>(CNN) -- North Carolina beat Kentucky 75-73 in the NCAA basketball tournament Sunday and moved into the Final Four. The Tar Heels will play Oregon next Saturday.</p>
- Couple who met on set of ‘Orange Is The New Black’ gets married<p>They met on the set of "Orange is the New Black," the popular Netflix dramedy set in a women's prison.</p><p>At the time, one of them was married to a man. </p><p>Now, more than four years later, actress Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli are married.</p><p>The couple wed Saturday in Palm
- Trump’s policies are not the answer to London terrorism<p>I'm a former British Intelligence officer who combated terrorism for six years. Counter-terrorism is a nasty, complex and often frustrating job. It's not for the faint-hearted. Sometimes terrorists slip through the net, but often they are stopped in their tracks by the use of arrests or absolute force. </p><p>All of
- How my laptop and I handled travel under Trump<p>I was in the United Arab Emirates when the US government announced new restrictions on carrying electronics onto certain flights from the Middle East to the United States. </p><p>When news of the ban came out, my friends and colleagues and I tried to decipher the details. One friend's question revealed
- URGENT – NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four – South Carolina<p>(CNN) -- South Carolina defeated Florida 77-70 in the NCAA men's basketball tournament Sunday to advance to the Final Four. The Gamecocks will face Gonzaga next Saturday.</p>
- URGENT – 6 aid workers killed in South Sudan<p>(CNN) -- Six aid workers were killed in an ambush in South Sudan on Sunday, the UN's humanitarian coordinator for the country said. The aid workers were traveling from Juba to Pibor, coordinator Eugene Owusu said. "I am appalled and outraged by the heinous murder yesterday of six courageous humanitarians
- URGENT – Cincinnati police ID man killed in nightclub shooting<p>(CNN) -- Police identified the man killed in Sunday's early morning shooting at a Cincinnati nightclub as O'Bryan Spikes, 27. </p>
- URGENT – 14 shot in Ohio nightclub shooting<p>(CNN) -- At least 14 people were shot at a nightclub in Cincinnati early Sunday morning, police said. One person died in the shooting at Cameo Night Club, police said. </p>
- URGENT – Oregon upsets Kansas, heads to men’s basketball Final Four<p>(CNN) -- Oregon advances to the Final Four for the first time since it won the inaugural NCAA title, downing top-seeded Kansas 74-60 Saturday in the Midwest Regional of the men's basketball tournament. The Ducks, who won the inaugural national championship in 1939, move on to the national semifinals next
- URGENT – NCAA Men’s Basketball Gonzaga<p>(CNN) -- The Final Four got its first entrant Saturday when Gonzaga, the top seed in the West Regional, cruised past 11th-seeded Xavier 83-59 in the NCAA Men's basketball tournament. Gonzaga advances to the Final Four for the first time, heading to the national semifinals in Phoenix in one week
- Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds celebrated at public memorial<p>The lives of Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher continue to be celebrated. </p><p>More than a thousand people paid tribute to the mother-daughter duo at a public memorial on Saturday, held near their burial sites at Forest Lawn cemetery in Los Angeles.</p><p>The event, organized by Todd Fisher, Reynolds' son and brother
- URGENT – Las Vegas shooting suspect in custody<p>(CNN) -- The man who police say shot two people, killing one, on a bus in Las Vegas surrendered without incident after a standoff that lasted more than four hours, police spokesman Larry Hadfield told reporters. Hadfield said he had no information about the shooting suspect or the victims. </p>
- URGENT – Las Vegas shooting suspect barricaded on bus after 1 person killed<p>(CNN) -- One person was killed Saturday by a shooter on the Las Vegas Strip, police spokesman Officer Larry Hadfield said. One other person was wounded, Hadfield said. The suspect is barricaded on a bus, and tactical teams and negotiators are on the scene on Las Vegas Boulevard.</p>
- URGENT – Section of Las Vegas Strip closed after shooting injures at least one<p>(CNN) -- Part of the Las Vegas Strip was shut down Saturday as police investigated a shooting that sent at least one person to the hospital. Police surrounded a bus as they investigated the shooting, Officer Larry Hadfield told CNN. "There is no credible information that there is a second
- Penn State’s Spanier guilty on one count child endangermentAfter deliberating for more than six hours on Thursday, a Dauphin County jury returned Friday with a split verdict against former Penn State University President Graham Spanier: Guilty on one count of child endangerment, innocent on the second count of child endangerment and innocent of a conspiracy to endanger the
- Code enforcement visits man less than 48 hours after storm damageTalk about heavy handed. John Bankhead, a DeKalb County resident, was visited by a code enforcement officer Thursday because a tree fell on his property. The tree came down during Tuesday night's storm and crushed two vehicles in the driveway. It's the same storm that took the life of a
- URGENT – Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak freed<p>(CNN) -- Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was freed Friday after a six-year imprisonment following his overthrow during the Arab Spring. Mubarak was released from a military hospital in Maadi and is now back at his home in a Cairo suburb, his attorney, Farid El Deeb, told CNN.</p>
- Can’t use laptop? Royal Jordanian suggests meditation, small talk<p>Not sure what to do on a 12-hour flight without your precious laptop or tablet? Royal Jordanian has a few ideas.</p><p>The airline tweeted a photo listing 12 activities to help kill time during a long flight. Suggestions include meditating and even, "engage in primitive dialogue from the pre-internet era." Pretty