CNN.com extended its winning streak to a third month in July and cemented its position as the number one digital destination for news video. With 194 million video streams, 19 million unique viewers and 1.3 billion minutes of video consumed for the month, CNN easily secured wins across the board and beat out Yahoo News, Buzzfeed and all competitors in the news and information category.
CNN understands what it takes to win in the digital space. Let CNN help you fill your platforms with powerful, trusted news content. The CNN Wire is the backbone of CNN.com, providing text, photos and graphics for the most-consumed news and information website in the U.S., with nearly 1 billion page views to date.
The CNN Video Affiliate Network provides quality, curated video content from CNN and our 900+ trusted local news partners, with the ability to earn advertising revenue. Even better, combine the Wire and VAN to create the most compelling digital experience for your audience.
*Read CISCO Visual Network Index report here
VIDEO AFFILIATE NETWORK
BRING PREMIUM REACH & AD REVENUES FOR YOUR CONTENT
The CNN Video Affiliate Network is a powerful digital video syndication network focused exclusively on quality news and lifestyle video from CNN and trusted providers. Our network combines the scale of CNN, along with our unparalleled footprint of 900+ affiliates, to bring our partners premium reach and advertising revenue for their content.
The VAN is available exclusively for CNN Newsource clients and select distribution partners. VAN affiliates can generate revenue as both owners and publishers of digital video content. CNN provides the pre-curated, topical and trending videos along with the advertising, technology and publishing infrastructure to make it easy to participate.
Monetize more of your video assets through our premium content network, earning money as both a content owner and publisher, while filling your digital platforms with compelling content.
Complement your existing digital offering with powerful, trusted video curated by CNN. VAN videos span multiple categories such as news, entertainment and lifestyle, with the best selections highlighted for easy publishing.
Our player leads the industry, with responsive design, high-definition video, recommendations, social integration, video galleries and more.
VAN is exclusively available to CNN Newsource affiliates and select distribution partners. Content is always protected within a premium environment.
Easy to use
The VAN dashboard is intuitive and easy to use. Discover great content across multiple categories and quickly embed videos into existing articles or publish automated feeds on your section fronts.
The Video Affiliate Network is growing quickly, and as new affiliates join and more video is published, the power of the VAN increases even more. The video available in the VAN comes from our large footprint of news affiliates, in addition to CNN video and select content partners. VAN allows you to customize the video experience for your site to meet your specific needs.
Here are some examples from current VAN affiliates:
Pair Wire content with CNN’s Video Affiliate Network for a full digital publishing solution.
NOT YOUR GRANDPA’S WIRE
With the CNN Wire, you can afford the same newsgathering platform that powers CNN.com, the #1 TV and mobile news site and the most-followed news brand on social media.
At CNN, we understand what you need to build a differentiated local news presence — across broadcast, print, digital and social. We deliver unparalleled perspectives across multiple categories attractive to advertisers, including political, medical, financial, technology, entertainment and more. All this, while never slowing down on the breaking, national and international news content you expect from CNN.
With the CNN Wire, you’ll get access to:
A full suite of content to use across your broadcast, print and digital properties, including image selections from more than 220,000 photos by award-winning photojournalists.
A commentary section with thought-provoking content by CNN, guest writers, experts and a select group of strategic partners, giving your news the edge it needs.
Breaking news blogs give you the latest developments on critical stories your audience is following.
Spanish-language content from CNNMexico.com and the newsgathering resources of CNN en Espanol.
Exclusive, breaking news and comprehensive coverage across the verticals your audience reads, such as finance, medicine, entertainment, technology, religion, opinion and travel.
RECENT WIRE STORIES
- One killed, 4 others wounded in Denver shootingAuthorities are searching for a suspect who opened fire Monday in downtown Denver, killing one person and wounding four others. The shooting happened just after 4 p.m. near Coors Field at Lawrence and 21st streets. One person died at the scene and four others were taken to the hospital in
- What we don’t get about the far right"There are old demons which are coming back to the surface," French President Emmanuel Macron warned during a speech marking the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, reminding us that the ethnic nationalism that sparked devastating global wars in the 20th century remains a threat of potentially
- Spain threatens Brexit deal over Gibraltar statusBritish Prime Minister Theresa May's efforts to pass a Brexit deal have suffered a further setback after Spain threatened to veto her draft divorce agreement over the handling of Gibraltar. Madrid has objected to part of the deal that covers future trade and security relations between the UK and the
- Child bride auctioned on Facebook in ‘barbaric use of technology’Facebook has come under fire for a "barbaric use of technology" that allowed the sale of a child bride to be held on its site. An auction was held on the social media platform for a 16-year-old girl in South Sudan which sought dowry for her hand in marriage. Facebook
- Dead fish to fuel Norwegian Hurtigruten cruise linerThe cruise industry is booming, thanks to its promise of spectacular views, exotic locales and floating luxury. But as the appetite for ocean travel rapidly grows, there's been growing concern about its environmental impact. Fish scraps might be part of the solution, according to a Norwegian cruise operator. Hurtigruten, known
- North Carolina chickenpox outbreak blamed on vaccination exemptionsA chickenpox outbreak among students at Asheville Waldorf School in North Carolina has grown to 36 cases as of Monday, and exemptions from vaccination were a contributing factor, according to the Buncombe County Health Department, which has been monitoring the situation since the end of October. Asheville Waldorf School, which
- JD.com CEO shifts away from core business after US arrestOne of China's top tech billionaires is shifting away from managing his company's core business, a few months after being arrested in the United States on suspicion of rape. Richard Liu, the founder and chief executive of Chinese e-commerce company JD.com, said he will have a new focus going forward,
- A healthier Thanksgiving in 8 traditional, simple, calorie-conscious coursesThanksgiving is a time for feasting, certainly not fasting or dieting. But if you're kicking off the holiday season with your health in mind, there are a few smart switches you can make on Turkey Day that will help boost your nutrition and lighten your calorie load. Below are some
- How 2018 reframed the Democrats’ biggest choice for 2020Though the 2018 election opened intriguing opportunities in the Sun Belt, new data suggest the shortest path back to the White House for Democrats may be through the three Rust Belt swing states that President Donald Trump dislodged from the "blue wall" two years ago. The party will have to
- Understanding the math Nancy Pelosi faces in the race for House speakerDoes Nancy Pelosi have the votes? That's the question looming over the race to determine who will be the next speaker in the new Democrat-led House of Representatives. Pelosi and her allies have steadfastly insisted that she has the support to be elected speaker. But a rebellious faction of House
- Michelle Obama’s not-so-quiet return to the limelightWhen Michelle Obama left the White House in January 2017, she did what most former first ladies often do -- she ditched us for a while. But now she's back, on a revolutionary, arena-filling book tour, and she's got plenty to say. After eight years of living in what she
- 5 things to know for November 20: Gun attacks, Ivanka Trump, immigration, wildfiresIf you're eyeing this year's crop of trendy toys for a kid on your holiday shopping list, one consumer group has a word of caution. Here's what else you need to know to Get Up to Speed and Out the Door. (You can also get "5 Things You Need to
- Rugby team rallies against deportation of gay player to KenyaAn English rugby team is fighting to save a gay teammate from being deported to Kenya, where they fear he will face persecution or imprisonment. Kenneth Macharia, who has lived in the UK since 2009, has had his request for asylum rejected and is now being detained in an immigration
- Child bride auctioned on Facebook by family in ‘barbaric use of technology’Facebook has come under fire for a "barbaric use of technology" that allowed the sale of a child bride to be held on its site. The girl's family in South Sudan held an auction on the social media platform to seek the largest dowry for their 16-year-old daughter in exchange
- 4 fatal shootings across the US mark the beginning of the holiday weekThanksgiving week got off to a violent start Monday with four fatal shootings across the US in a matter of hours. Attacks in a Chicago hospital, on a Denver street, at a suburban St. Louis business and in a Philadelphia basement left 10 people dead -- including one of the
- Carlos Ghosn fallout; Bitcoin plunges; Soup wars1. End of a business legend: The arrest of Carlos Ghosn in Japan on Monday is forcing three major automakers to make tough decisions about their leadership. Ghosn, the chairman of Nissan (NSANY) Mitsubishi Motors (MMTOF) and Renault (RNSDF), was detained by Japanese authorities after an investigation by Nissan revealed
- Chinese marathon runner loses race after being handed national flagTo patriotically embrace the national flag, or win a marathon? That was the dilemma facing a Chinese runner during the final phase of the Suzhou Marathon in eastern China on Sunday. While running her final leg, athlete He Yinli was handed a Chinese national flag from a "volunteer" who rushed
- Judge blocks Trump administration from denying asylum claims to immigrants who cross border illegallyA federal judge on Monday issued a temporary restraining order blocking the Trump administration from denying asylum claims to immigrants who cross the US-Mexico border illegally. US District Judge Jon Tigar in San Francisco issued the order to take effect immediately, and it will remain in effect until December 19,
- Airbnb removes Israeli West Bank settlements listingsAirbnb has announced that it is removing listings of rentals in Israeli settlements in the West Bank, saying they are "at the core of the dispute between Israelis and Palestinians." In a press release issued Monday, the company said the decision would affect some 200 Airbnb listings. "We are most
- Consumer group warns of ‘dangerous’ slime products and other hazardous toysA consumer advocacy group is warning parents of what it calls "dangerously high" levels of a chemical called boron in popular slime toys marketed to children -- although an expert disputed the findings and said the warning is overblown. The warning was contained in the annual report by the US
- France: Carlos Ghosn can’t continue to lead RenaultThe French government is moving to install an interim leader at Renault following the arrest of CEO and Chairman Carlos Ghosn in Japan on Monday. Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said that he would meet with representatives from Renault on Tuesday to discuss appointing interim management because Ghosn is "no
- Carlos Ghosn arrest: What we know and what’s nextCarlos Ghosn has been arrested. His fate is now in the hands of Japanese prosecutors and the directors of three of the world's top car companies. Ghosn --- the chairman of Nissan, Renault and Mitsubishi Motors --- was detained Monday by Japanese authorities after an internal investigation at Nissan revealed
- PNG police officers attack parliament in APEC pay disputeA group of police officers "stormed" Papua New Guinea's parliament on Tuesday over unpaid wages, damaging the building and reportedly assaulting staff, only days after international leaders attended a summit in the Pacific island nation. Security personnel entered the building in the country's capital Port Moresby after hearing they would
- Barcelona commuter train derails, at least one deadAt least one person was killed and six injured when a commuter train was derailed near the Spanish city of Barcelona, officials said early Tuesday morning. Catalonia Civil Protection tweeted that a landslide in the village of Vacarisses caused the passenger train, which was carrying around 150 people, to derail.
- Melbourne terror plot: Three arrested in Australia after ‘ISIS-inspired’ attack foiledPolice in Australia said they have foiled a terror plot "inspired by ISIS" in which assailants were planning to target a prominent public places in Melbourne, a city still reeling from a deadly attack two weeks ago. Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton said Tuesday that three people had been
- Officer attacked by knife-wielding man outside police station in BrusselsA man wielding a knife has been shot after he attacked an officer outside a police station in central Brussels early on Tuesday morning, a Brussels police spokesman told CNN. The attack took place outside the police station on Rue du Marche au Charbon. One police officer was injured in
- Barnes & Noble says Michelle Obama’s new book has biggest first-week sales of 2018Michelle Obama's nationwide tour for her new book "Becoming" has already helped the book achieve a publishing milestone. Barnes & Noble said Monday that Obama had "the biggest first-week sales of any book this year." Until November, that title belonged to Bob Woodward's Trump administration dissection, "Fear," which came out
- Police attack Papua New Guinea parliament in APEC pay disputeA group of police officers "stormed" Papua New Guinea's parliament on Tuesday over unpaid wages, damaging the building and reportedly assaulting staff, only days after international leaders attended a summit in the Pacific island nation. Security personnel entered the building in the country's capital Port Moresby after hearing they would
- Trump says he loves the military, but he keeps insulting its membersFor a president who professes to revere the US military more than any of his predecessors, Donald Trump gets entangled in a lot of scrapes that raise doubts about the sincerity of his admiration. He has feuded with war heroes and the relatives of fallen soldiers, sparked controversy by ducking
- Fatal shootings mark beginning of holiday weekThanksgiving week got off to a violent start Monday, with fatal shootings in four states. Attacks in a Chicago hospital, on a Denver street, in a Philadelphia basement and at a suburban St. Louis business left 10 people dead -- including one of the gunmen -- and at least four